Best Running Tips for Beginners
Running is an excellent way to improve fitness and burn calories. But how do you start? Here are the best running tips for beginners.
Set a goal
- Define what you want to achieve
- Set a time frame for achieving your goal
- Be realistic
Find the right course and shoes
- Find a course that is flat and not too long
- Find a pair of running shoes that are comfortable and supportive
- Walking is the best way to get started
- Don’t try to do too much in one go
- It’s better to do a little bit every day
- You can then gradually build up your endurance
Don’t beat yourself up if you miss a day of training
- But don’t let one bad day turn into two.
- And don’t let one bad week turn into two
Stretch after every run, even if it’s only for five minutes
- Stretching helps to reduce injury.
- And it helps to improve your running speed.